Thursday, February 8, 2018

SAY YOU'LL REMEMBER ME

SAY YOU’LL REMEMBER ME
By: Katie McGarry
Year: 2018
Genre: Y/A. Fiction. Contemporary Romance



RATE:  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟  

                                                                 

I’ve read heartbroken, deep hard-feeling books before, but Say You’ll Remember Me, went beyond that.
I’ve read many stories about redemption, find ourselves and second chances but again, this book was a new concept, at least for me.
I think, I cried, and I held my breath the entire reading. Katie McGarry has done a phenomenal job pouring a cocktail of emotions inside of every page. 
Drix and Elle are from different worlds. Drix doesn’t know who he is anymore, Elle wants to be just herself, but she's not allowed. Both are puppets of the society and they should stay away from each other, however, there is one thing real for them, they just want to be together.
It scares me the reality portrayed in this book. As a lawyer, I know the system is not perfect, but more than that, I know how unfair could be. Still, what it scares me the most is the differences in social class are real and we are far away from the equality of opportunities that everybody hopes.
Drix made a mistake, he paid the consequences, he learned from it, but what it broke my heart was his acceptance, that despite second chance he felt he wasn’t worth it. He forgot how to believe in himself and in the world, there are many people in his situation.
Elle was in a prison, not a real jail but she was in the prison of a society, where she needed to be somebody opposite to herself. She didn’t know how to make choices, she never was allowed to make them for herself, still, she believes there was a world full of opportunities for her.
Rich and dysfunctional families Vs. Poor but closes one.
Friends looking for forgiveness
People who needed to learn how to fix their own mistakes.
This book has a complex plot that kept me hooked from the first page.
The writing is fantastic, flawless. The dialogues are excellent, the same as the characters, we have the good guys, the bad guys, and all of them well done described.
I love the romance, fresh, outspoken and innocent.
I’ve read all books written by Katie McGarry, and when I must confess that my favorites still are, Dare you to and Walk the edge, this book got into my heart, deep, honest and nostalgic.
Say You’ll Remember Me is the most heartwarming book by this author.
100% recommended.
Read it and if you don’t have time read it anyway.

Best Phrases.
“If we all did the right thing instead of what other people say we should do, the world be different. It would be better.”

“Life was up and then back down. Life was hard, life was tough, and life meant there would be hurt. And it was up to me to keep going.”

“Maybe if allow myself to feel, too, I can finally give away my pain.”

43 comments:

  1. Very useful article here. Thanks
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete