Thursday, October 8, 2015

MAYBE SOMEDAY


By: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Year: 2014 

The first thing a I liked what this part of the synopsis: “A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney’s tumultuous world from the very first page”. 
Which meant my perfect kind of before bed reading. In fact it was exactly like that, a breathtaking love story; what I didn´t expect was the amount of twists, one after other, a plot  brilliantly developed,  relationships carefully built, effective dialogues to make us die of laughs or for sorrow according with each scene. In addition there is a marvellous  technique mingling  music with written words, an excellent way to stop the readers’ heart. 
The story is told since the two main characters POV, lately one of my favourite written styles, allow us to perceive the created world from different eyes. 
This is my first book by the author, I decided to read her work thanks to the reviews of a couple of bloggers who their opinions I respect, and I chose Maybe Someday  randomly but now I must  say it was faith because for sure this is not going to be the last one. 
Colleen Hoover got me from the beginning until the last page, I am impressed by the sweetness, passion, all the deep emotions she poured into the book.
Although this book deserve 5 stars, I gave it 4,8 stars  and it’s just because as a hopeless romantic that I am,  there was a choice, a scene that felt real but I’d like something a little more novelettish and that is all I can say without drop some spoilers.
Best Phrases:
“It wasn’t basic need. Like need for water when I’m thirsty or a need for food when I’m hungry. It was an insatiable need for relief. Relief from want and desire that had been pent up for so long. I never realize how powerful desire can be.”
“I’m convinced that people come across others in life hose souls are complete; y compatible with their own. Some refer to them as a soul mates. Some refer to it as true love.”
“Breathe in Breathe out.
Expand, contract.
Beat beat, pause. Beat beat pause”
“Maybe I’m not the hero to her I’ve always tried so hard to be because right now, I feel as if she doesn’t even need a hero. Why would she? She has someone so much stronger than I’ll ever be for her. She has herself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment