Tuesday, July 11, 2017

PLAYING DEFENSE

Author: Cate Cameron
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Year: 2016
Rate: 3.75 stars.


“Sixteen-year-old Claudia Waring has never kissed a boy. Never been popular. Never been to a hockey game. All that’s about to change. Assigned to tutor Chris Winslow, a prank-loving, gorgeous hockey player, Claudia’s perfectly planned life immediately veers off course. And she kind of likes it. But as fun, as Chris is, she knows she'll never fit in his world.
After his latest prank lands him in hot water, Chris has to get serious about school or lose hockey. Not an easy thing for someone as carefree as the defenseman. The biggest problem, though, is how much he wants to help his cute, buttoned-up tutor loosen up a little. But while confidence has never been a problem for him, around Claudia, Chris is all nerves. Why would a girl as smart as her ever fall for a jock like him?”


I almost mark this book as DNF.
At the beginning, I didn’t connect with the characters. They didn’t feel real to me. In addition, there are so many repetitions and explanations, and an overuse of adverbs that it ruins the good showing and descriptions in the story.
But, Cate Cameron is Canadian like me, and the story is settled in the province where I live, so I forced myself to keep going and I’m so glad that I did. 
This story is lovely and hilarious, honestly the plot is nothing deep or with a good twist, but if you don’t pay attention to those little issues in the writing, you’ll enjoy the reading, in fact at the end you will hug the book and sigh with a big smile on your face.
I fall in love with Chris, he is a wonderful character.
The dialogues are funny and witty.
Also, I like how the author address sensitive topics for teenagers like difficult family, what is wrong and what is right, and the importance of the express consent in a relationship.
Furthermore, I like the final message about choices and the importance of belief in yourselves. I think it’s never going to be enough stories about this topic.
I recommend this book 100%. You are going to have a good laugh.

  
Note: Images was taken from www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment