Thursday, December 29, 2016

DEFENDING TAYLOR


By: Miranda Kenneally
Genre: Y/A Contemporary Romance.
Year: 2016


“Captain of the soccer team, president of the Debate Club, contender for valedictorian: Taylor's always pushed herself to be perfect. After all, that's what is expected of a senator's daughter. But one impulsive decision, one lie to cover for her boyfriend, and Taylor's kicked out of private school. Everything she's worked so hard for is gone, and now she's starting over at Hundred Oaks High.
Soccer has always been Taylor's escape from the pressures of school and family, but it's hard to fit in and play on a team that used to be her rival. The only person who seems to understand all that she's going through is her older brother's best friend, Ezra. Taylor's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember. But it's hard to trust after having been betrayed. Will Taylor repeat her past mistakes or can she score a fresh start?”
Miranda Kennelly brought us another wonderful story about Love and Lies, betrayal and forgiveness, lost and redemption.
There are great things about this book. I enjoyed the complexity of the story and the different perspectives showed in it.
I liked the characters, I think they are portrayed very well, each of them are unique, adding their personal touch to the story.
Taylor has a strong personality. She shows braveness despite her situation. The reader walks with her on her path to discover her reality, what she really wants, to find her own redemption.
Also, the story was well told, the family drama felt real, friends and their different relationships were lovely, and the romance made me sigh more than once. 
My only two concerns about this book are: the first one is coming from my very personal reader perception; I believe there are some apologies that should be told aloud and no leave implicitly. It’s the kind of thing that the reader wants to hear and not to leave at the imagination.
The second one, is more about the writing; In some points, I felt I read the same paragraph once and over and it’s not the first time, I caught the same issue, the repetition of the ideas, in other books by the same author. However, in this story I let it passed just a little, because I really loved Taylor, her enthusiasm, her devotion for the people she loves, and the courage she showed in her journey to herself discovery.
Four Stars and 100% recommended.
Best Phrases:
“I’ve never felt so lost but the more I think about it, I wonder if I’ve ever actually found myself to begin with… Maybe I’ve always been lost.”
“Taking a risk can be scary, but it can also be worthwhile”
“Don´t spend so much time thinking about future that you forget to live now.”


Note: Images taken from www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment