Friday, April 7, 2017

ELEANOR AND PARK

ELEANOR AND PARK
By: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Y/A Contemporary Romance
Year: 2013
Actual Rate: 4.5 stars
“…Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try…
Two Misfits, on extraordinary love.” This is absolutely true.
There weren’t two people more different to the world than Eleanor and Park…
There wasn’t a love so unique, that the one it grew up inside of the pages of this book.
My heart is still swollen from such beautiful writing. Rainbow Rowell’s narrative style is effective, powerful, sad and touching.
The dialogues were impeccable, and they helped the story to flow properly, not too fast, not too slow.
The relationships between the two main characters and between them and the other characters, pushed out readers different feelings; Anger, compassion, happiness, and so on.
 Every character was well done portrayed but Eleanor and Park were a master piece.
I connected with Eleanor from the start. My heart shattered for her. In some point, I wanted to hug her. Eleanor’s pain was so real that made me think in those girls around the world that are suffering as much as Eleanor, and nobody is listening at them, because they don’t have voice…I really hope that people realize how important is to care  for other human being.
Now, About Park, well, he was a different kind of hero, but a hero with Capital letters. Park was the personification of how much a boy can love a girl.
I want to believe that for every Eleanor there is a Park out there.
100% recommended.  
Best Phrases:
“He knows I’ll like a song before I’ve hear it. He laughs before I even get to the punch line. There’s a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes me want to let him open doors for me.
There is only one of him.”

“You saved my life she tried to tell him. Not forever, not for good. Probably just temporarily. But you saved my life, and now I’m yours. The me that’s me right now is yours. Always”




   Note: Images taken from A to Z challenge web site and google.com

7 comments:

  1. Plot seems interesting... Will check at the library and read if possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try" That quote alone would make me look. That fact it touched you on a strong emotional level, another sign of a great book. Great books make us feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A book that can touch another on an emotional level like it did you, must be one to read! Thank you for the recommendation, I have added it to my TBR list!

    Andrea
    Today on my Journey To Courageous Living my belated F is for  a fun post. - I think. But you'll be the judge of it so come, check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought this :) You were very convincing!

      Delete
    2. That's amazing! Please let me know your thoughts about it!

      Delete