Wednesday, September 6, 2017

PLAY ON

Title: Play On
By: Michelle Smith
Year: 2015
Genre: Y/A.  Contemporary Romance
4 STARS
I’ll try to explain how much I loved this book without using the traditional words like awesome, amazing, heartbreaking, funny and, lovely. Nope, I can’t, because Play On is all these words and much more.
Let’s start with the narrative and the POV. This book was written from Austin POV, and I just loved reading a Y/A book from a guy perspective. It was unique and brilliant to tell this story with a complex plot and excellent narrative from a male character POV.
For me, this book worked as a revelation, showing the truth of what is inside of guy’s heart and mind. Austin is an incredibly strong character, so real and emotional that, he popped out of the page in every scene.
The author did a marvelous job pushing different feelings from the reader. I laughed hard when the scene was funny. I sighed when the scene was about loyalty and friendship. I felt the love and heartbroken when the scene was about romance.
Besides all the beauty in the narrative, the author also knew how to tell a story full of sensitive issues for a teenager, like mental problems, depression, homosexuality…It was a wonderful job.
The secondary and minor characters were very effective, a perfect complement, although Austin didn’t need them. He really was the kind of the Mound in this book.
One more thing, my hometown as well is all about baseball and when I’m not a fan, I have some acknowledge about this sport (Not choices here) and reading about it, well I kind of felt homesick.
100% recommended. It worth every minute of your time.
Best Phrases:
"The thing is, we always think we have plenty of time. Then, before you know it, time's ripped out from under your feet, and there's nothing but you and the huim of a truck engine."
"She's worth every tear, every meltdown, every smile, every laugh. Tha she's worth everything."
"I stare a good people, bad people, okay people. People who lived their lives to the fullest and people who screwed their way through life without thinking."
Note: Image was taken from www.google.com


No comments:

Post a Comment