Saturday, October 3, 2020

ANNOUNCING TROUBLE

Author: Amy Fellner Dominy

Year:  2019.

Genre: Y/A contemporary romance

Rate: 5 Stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

“That’s the trick. Forward movement. You can’t take a next step until you take the first one.”


 “I may know everything there is to know about baseball, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Or like him. Garrett Reeves: sidelined player and the embodiment of everything I’ve learned to hate about baseball. He’s gorgeous, he’s cocky, he’s laser-focused on getting back in the game, no matter the cost.

When he convinces me to call games alongside him, our chemistry heats up the booth. We’re good together, whether I want to admit it or not. I’m finding that I like baseball again, but even worse, I’m liking Garrett. A lot.

But when he has to decide between our future and a new shot at his dreams, I know baseball will win out every time.”

This is a perfect example that we can’t judge a book by the cover. I mean, there is nothing really wrong with this one, but I have to admit sometimes a pick a book because a cover is better and prettier than this. However, this time it was more like a feeling. And thanks to God I was right.

Let’s start with the basics’ things I like in a good story: In this one, there is a great narrative, no repetitions, the story flows well, and descriptions are excellent. So far so good, right? well, it gets better. The plot is amazing, I love the concept. It seems a story about romance and healing but it’s more, much more. The story is about the future, what can we call dreams and what is real? Can we have both? Are dreams fair to us?

The tension in the story is excellent, I love that there is not intrigue, not lies, not misunderstandings. Instead, the conflict belongs to characters, their personalities and their need to grow up. I particularly enjoy Josie, she is a unique character, witty, smart, sweet, and I love how she finds the path to discover herself. Honestly, she makes me believe in strong heroin again.

Also, I loved Josie and Garret’s interaction, I don’t know how many times I burst into laughter or tears. Reading their dialogues felt magical. But not just with them, all the characters are great, every single one is well done portrayed, even the ones that are just mentioned.

And finally, I’m so grateful to the author for finding a way to explain baseball and makes it interesting and funny and not overwhelming with at all.

 I was craving a book that makes me happy, which make me believe in good stories and that leaves a smile on my face even days after reading. Announcing Trouble did that.

“A game where a bunch of guys spends their lives trying to get home. I press closer to Garret and smile. It Makes sense now that I’ve found mine.”

 

Note: Picture is taken from goodreads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment