Sunday, January 26, 2014

...MEMORABLE QUOTES...


During the past years, I have encountered with different phrases they have been taught me something, sometimes a lot, that is why I keep them very close to my heart. Today I would like to share ten of them with you.

1.- “You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The little Prince.

2.- “Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?”  Richard Bach.

3.-  “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; Only light can do that.
      Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”  Martin Luther King Jr.

4.- “What was it that made this human love so much desirable to me.. Was it because it because was exclusive and capricious? This love was tricky; it had no hard-and-fast rules it might be given for free, or earned through time and hard work, or completely and heartbreakingly unattainable…” Stephenie Meyer, The Host.

5.- “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”   Stephen King, On writing.

6.- “I belong to you. You could do anything you wanted with me and I would let you. You could ask anything of me and I'd break myself trying to make you happy…  As long as I can still dream, I will dream of you”.  Cassandra Clare, City of Glass.

7.- “Since I was Young, I have always know this: “Life damage us, every one. We can escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other”. Veronica Roth, Allegiant.

8.- “ And were an epitaph to be my story, I'd have a short one ready for my own.
I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world.” Robert Frost, The Lesson for Today.

9.-  Y mi alma baila herida de virutas de fuego.
 Quien llama? Qué silencio poblado de ecos?
Hora de la nostalgia, hora de la alegría, hora de la soledad,
hora mía entre todas!...” Poema 17. Pablo Neruda

10.- Nuestra historia, es escrita cada día, cada momento, con cada nueva experiencia, las cuales nos enseñan a crecer; y en ese camino andado y por andar, en algún momento sentimos la ausencia de lo que somos, del amor, de lo que una vez creímos poder lograr, y pensamos por un instante que lo único importante es alejarnos para de esta forma no sufrir. Sin embargo, poco a poco y tan de repente como la llegada una estrella fugaz, despertamos a una nueva vida, encontrando en cada paso, nuevas razones para creer, para existir, simplemente para amar. Johanna H. Montilla B.

Note: The picture was taken from L. J Smith website.  http://www.ljanesmith.net

No comments:

Post a Comment