Sunday, November 17, 2013

BELIEVING IN LOVE

This was my first poem, written in English, as an assignment to my ESL class. It´s is kind of silly and cheesy, however I felt so proud when I finished it. Definitely it not easy  to try writing in English  in the same way that we are use to write in Spanish.

Believing in love

I was thinking a lot about love,
and I figure out that I have been wasting my time.
Because love is not about thinking but felling;
love is hope and faith,
love means close your eyes and jump.
Perhaps, sometimes or all the time we feel sorry, madness and hate.
But a drop of love is enough to trust again.
I believe in love even in my darkest day, even with my broken heart.
I believe in love because, not matter what to do, not matter what to say
Life is meaningless and empty,  without Love.
                                                                     2012. J.H. Montilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment