Wednesday, October 29, 2014

PUSHING THE LIMITS...REVIEW

 Author: Katie Mcgarry 
Year: 2013
Genre: Realistic fiction, Young adult, Romance.

“No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. 
But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. 
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.”

This story is the first of the series, however, it can be read as standalone, although you are going to want to know every detail from the rest of the books, in my case I felt so in love with the writing that I decided to read all the series.
Anyway, back to the book, I can tell that is an amazing writing, I really enjoy the way the characters are described, the way their thoughts are exposed, it made me felt like I was experimented every situation as my own. 
Echo and Noah, have so much mess in their life, everything is wrong and chaotic and definitely so unfair, how the world could turn the back at this two beautiful, vulnerable and lonely souls? My heart war ripped apart since the first chapter.
But in some way they found the strength to pull their shattered life together, that is what of the many things I enjoy of reading Katie´s books: she really believes in happy endings and in mending.  
However I think “the end” was too abruptly, the forgiveness was too soon, a least in Echo case, because for a person who suffered in the way Echo did, the healing process probably takes longer than the way it was pictured in the book … Despite that, I think the author´s idea was to show us that there is “always” a possibility for a fresh start. In Noah case, his life fixed perfectly, we could see and enjoy the real happiness that was taken away from him, and that melted me, the last chapter was the most marvelous, perfect ending scene that I´ ve ever read in a book. 

Best Phrases:
“I watched you battle the worst memory of your life and I watched you win. Make no mistake Echo. I battled right beside you. You need to find some trust in me... In us. “

“The world felt strange. For the first time in my life, I wasn´t fighting someone or something … Contentment and happiness were unfamiliar emotions but ones I could learn to live with”. 


Note: Image taken from www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment