Friday, April 13, 2018

LOVE LIFE AND THE LIST. A BOOK REVIEW

Title: Love Life and The List.
By: Kasie West
Genre: Y/A Contemporary Romance.
Year: 2017
RATE: 5 STARS

I fall in love with West’s writing at the moment I read “The distance between us.” Since then, my admiration for this writer has been going up and up.
Kasie West has a gift for describing beauty hidden inside of a complex world.  Her stories are full of different challenge and Love Life and the List is not different.
This book tells Abby’s story, a 17 years old artist girl, and how she was told, her art didn’t have a heart, so she makes a list of things she needs to do to find her heart.
But what she found was much more, she found her voice, she found that changes are not something bad, as long you keep your true self-intact, but more important she found out how to fight for herself.
With a father always away, with a mother with an peculiar anxiety, I have to say that the writer worked this sensitive issued remarkable well, and being in love with a best friend that he didn’t want to acknowledge her feeling, Abby’s world is not as perfect as everybody thinks it is.
As usual West narrative is effective, very powerful and the characters have a clear distinctive voice.
I loved every part of this book and I loved the heroine, I loved her journey and especially I loved she was strong and no a whiny teenager with a broken heart.
And the best part is, this is the first standalone book in a series of three.

100% Recommended.

Note: Pictures were taken from goodreads.com and atozchallenge.com

4 comments:

  1. One of my pet hates is whiny, weak female characters. It's refreshing to hear that Abby is the opposite!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! Thank you for recommending :)

    ReplyDelete