Friday, April 8, 2016

F IS FOR....

FANTASY ISLAND

     When I was a child I used to watch a TV show named “The Fantasy Island 
”. In there, the visitors of a fantastic island made their dreams come true, after dealing with different difficulties and problems. Well, lately I´ve thought the Fantasy Island really exist, the dilemma is knowing where to find it.

     As a new immigrant, I had to shed waterfalls, overcome hundreds of obstacles and lock nostalgia in a drawer, in order to go searching for my very special piece of paradise.   The irony is that my little paradise is not an exotic and distant piece of land in the Pacific, neither is full of fame or fortune ... I found my very particular fantasy island in a far corner up north of the American continent, where despite the cold and the weather adversities, I´ve found peace. Now I am part of a community where my family can live and thrive, where we are respected only by the fact of being individuals, and where there are equal opportunities.  But most of all, it´s a place where work and effort is rewarded with quality of life, hope and desire to continue dreaming ..


NOTE: Images taken from A to Z challenge and google.com
#atozchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment