Friday, April 8, 2016

G IS FOR

THE GOLDEN BOY
Connor is my Golden boy. Yes, He is the main male character in my book. A book that I´ve been writing since… well, forever and I don´t know when I´m going to finish it. The story is told from the female character POV, so in there we are not going to read Connor´s thoughts. That´s why I felt the necessity of writing some words from his POV.  Making him real. So, here there are Connor´s thoughts the first day at school:
            After my brief orientation, I am walking through the hallway to my classroom. Second floor and then to the right. That´s what the girl -I didn´t pay attention to her name- from the front desk told me to go. I sighed, I can´t avoid it. This is the second school in two months, the four in a year. I guess my mom is right. Family is what matters the most, and family should be together. That´s why I´m here. There are eyes focused on me, people´s whispering. The new basketball star, the general´s son, the golden boy.
            I am not a damn golden boy. I...am not. At seventeen I´ve made to many fucking mistakes. Now I just want to make things right. This time is going to be better, is going to be different. The way I see it, if I´m going to have everything I want, this is my last shot. And I don´t have intention to miss it.

Note: Images taken from A to Z challenge and google.com
#atozchallenge 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you inspired me to write things a bit on the POV of the main guy in my story. I think the realness that will give him is important! www.xoxomake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m glad to help Natalia! I´d loved to read a little about your story

    ReplyDelete