Monday, April 25, 2016

U IS FOR

UPSTAIRS BALCONY

“You are late”. The boy said.
“Not, I m not. What time it is?” The girl said looking up.
“I don’t know but you are late”.
“Is this the game for tonight? You saying I´m late and I´m saying I´m not”. This time the girl smiled.
“Nah… I wanna play another thing. The boy smiled back”.
“What do you want to play?”
The boy thought for a sec, then he asked her “Does your neck hurts?”
“A little. I have the worst part...looking up, kind of uncomfortable. You got it easier, just looking down all the time.”
“Do you want to stop playing with me here?” The girl noticed the sadness in her friend´s voice.
“No! I like our games.” The girl said with honesty.
The light was dim, the barely could see each other, a floor was the distance between them.
“I like them too” The boy told her with relief. “You pick the game”
“What about guessing? I brought my books with many guesses”.
“Okay… I´ll go first… Hit me…”
It was like that every night for many months. The two kids met at the balcony. One lived in the first floor, the other one in the second floor. There weren´t social media, or cell phone at that time. They just talked, read and listened to music. One day the girl moved out and never so her friend again.

She doesn´t remember his name, or his face. But thirty two year later, she still has the memories of their meeting nights at the balcony.

Note. images taken from a to z challenge and google.com

2 comments:

  1. Aw it's so bittersweet! Loved it! /#atozchallenger xoxomake.com

    ReplyDelete