Thursday, April 21, 2016

R is for...


RHYON, THE FUTURE KING.

We arrived to the cave hidden in the middle of Evergreen Woods before the breaking dawn. It was the perfect security location. A few months ago, Kellan and I found it.  It was so intricate to get in and out of there, we even got lost once. 
Under Kellan´s orders, the guards went to check the perimeter, while Ryder and Spring set a temporary camp.
Kellan pulled me in a tight hug and kissed my front head. “Are you hurt?” he asked me. I shook my head.
“Can you tell me what the hell is going on?" 
 But I couldn´t answer. Instead I looked at Rhyon. Kellan did the same, then he walked in his direction. Placing a hand in one of Prince´s shoulders he asked, “Are you Okay?”
 The Prince shook his head.
 “Are you hurt?” The prince shook his head again.
“Our father is dead” Rhyon finally said.
 Kellan hugged the prince with affection and sorrow. In that moment the two men grieved the fallen king as two children who had lost their father. Yes, because, not by blood, but definitely King Rowland had also been a father to Kellan.
“Long life to the King Rhyon”, one of the guards who broke the silence, while he was kneeling dawn before him, as the rest of people did the same. I knelt as well to honor my new king.
Kellan separated from Rhyon and started to kneel dawn, but Rhyon stopped him. “Don´t”.
Rhyon extended his hand helping me to stand up. “Don´t do it again” he said lowly. “Everyone, stand up please. Thank you for your loyalty but I´m not the King yet”.
“But you will” Kellan said with determination. “First we must to protect our Prince.” He spoke to the small crowd “and then we save our Kingdom”.    
Note: Images taken from a to z challenge and google.com

3 comments: