Thursday, April 14, 2016

K IS FOR......

KATIE MCGARRY BEST BOOK

WALK THE EDGE
By: Katie Mcgarry
Genre: Y/A Romance
Year: 2016
 RATE:  Five Stars.                                                             


I love Katie Mcgarry books, and with every review I say the same, but I can´t avoid it. So far my favorite book was Dare you to. Ryan and Beth is an absolutely breathtaking story… However last week I read Walk the edge and it was love from the first word to the end.
Walk the edge is the second book of the series Thunder Road. It´s the love story of Razor and Breanna.
Razor is part of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club. They are his family, however he can´t trust in them not completely. He has so many demons inside and a past that hunting him every single day, which doesn´t let him to find peace. One day, he finds a hint to erase those demons. But for that he needs help. So he makes a deal with Breanna, the smart, quiet, with a special brain girl. Both help each other… but not just with their respective problems, Breanna and Razor turn in a mutual safe heaven, in an anchor for each other.

The story is told by both main characters POV, which is one of my favorite writing style, because you can have a better perspective of the paper world. The writing style is excellent, the author have a natural voice… The pace is effective; slow, fast, with action, according with every moment. Plus Katie gave solution to every problem that as a reader I saw… Every question that I asked was answered in perfect time.  The dialogues are powerful making the characters real.
Also, beside the love which is wholehearted, the writer discusses susceptible topics, cyber bulling and suicide, with sensitivity. In addition, she includes family issues, trust issues, which make this book a passionate, intense and heartbreaking ride.
I laughed, I cried, I sighed, I re- read so many phrases that I already memorize some of them…
I really couldn´t find anything wrong with this book. Even what other reviewers mention about the awfulness of Brianna parents…Well about that, I think parents make mistakes, they are not perfect, And, yes sometimes the choices they make are not the best. But the all people, I think they are the most who need a second chance.
I recommended this book one hundred percent, and if I can give more than 5 star I would.
This book definitely worth your time, your tears and your heart.
 BEST PHRASES
“I´m searching for magic- not the Christmas´ morning type, but the type of magic that can be found by being courageous, being the girls who takes chances, being the girls who will dance I want to be the girl who is seen”.
“We all have choices to make. What lies we accept to believe”.
 “Sometimes people are to busy hearing what they want to hear, seeing what they want to see, and they don´t care what´s real, only what they think is real”
“We learn that our lives are not determined by fate, but by our own free will”   

Note: Images taken from A to Z challenge and goggle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment